Our Grantees Are Our Partners
In addition to investing in services and programs, we also work closely with our grantees to ensure efficiency, build awareness of trends within the veteran space, and provide opportunities for collaboration with other organizations that work in the veteran and military community.
Interested in Joining the Got Your 6 Network?
“We’ve got your 6” is the Bob Woodruff Foundation’s enduring commitment to those we serve. Our Got Your 6 Network partner organizations work closely to share resources and identify solutions that ensure veterans thrive after service.
Frequently Asked Questions
We hold ourself and our grantees to the highest standards of accountability. Grants are awarded annually in the spring and fall. To submit an application, log in to the grantee portal.
Grants are awarded annually in the spring and fall. Subscribe to our newsletter for updates on the opening and closing dates for grant applications.
Programs considered for funding must:
- Provide direct services to the military/veteran population
- Be prepared to begin immediately upon receipt of BWF funding
- Be administered through a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Demonstrate financial responsibility and sustainability and have filed a 990EZ or 990 for the last two fiscal years
- Provide an audited financial statement or a certified financial statement (to include a balance sheet and income statement)
- Have two years of gross receipts greater than $50,000
- Clearly articulate an understanding of the issue(s) to be addressed
- Be evidence-based and/or supported by peer-reviewed research
- Collaborate with existing community resources and organizations
- Provide solutions that complement services and resources provided by the Small Business Administration and U.S. Departments of Defense, Labor, and Veterans Affairs
- Collect and report demographic information for participants
- Report measurable outcomes to the Bob Woodruff Foundation